Independence is something everyone should strive for: being self-reliant. Self-reliance is a vital key to living a healthy life. Contrary to the basic survival skills we all need another set of skills that will make us jack of all trades. This means that we can handle any type of situation no matter the emergency.
The Top 5 Life Skills You Need to Know
It doesn’t matter if you don’t know some of these now, you could always learn them. After all, it’s better late than never, right?Here are the 5 things everyone should know how to.
- Build a fire without matches.
From the beginning of mankind, the fire has to be an important element for survival. Fire produces heat, warmth and light.
There is a primal link between fire and man, thus everyone should know how to build one without matches. You never know when it might come in handy. For instance, imagine you have gone camping and you lost your bag pack while escaping a bear. In this situation, the skill will become handy, but it doesn’t have to be this extreme. All in all, it is cool knowing you can make an anywhere fire without the need for a matchbox.
- You should know how to swim
A lot of animals are born with the basic skill of swimming. Humans, on the other hand, have to learn and keep practising until they can swim with ease. Mastering how to swim at an early age is crucial because it will help one later in life.
Learning how to swim is important because:-
- One acquires the ability to survive in water. Knowing how to swim especially in deep waters can help save your life.
- Have a chance to save another person’s life. Drowning is the second-injury causing death for kids under 14 years. If you are a parent or someone who works around children learning how to swim is crucial.
- Swimming is a healthy form of exercise.
- Learn how to perform CPR.
CPR can help save lives. Everyone should train on how to perform CPR. There has been a rise in the number of heart attacks. Moreover, people who get heart attacks outside the hospital die. This is a life skill that can save a loved one.
- You should learn how to cook.
If you cannot prepare a decent meal, chances are you might not survive. Everyone should at least know how to cook an egg.
- Manage time
Good time management is important for our personal lives and career success. Making use of time wisely is crucial as we are able to handle important aspects of our lives.