The Forest of Dean and Wye Valley area are steeped in history and beauty. If you are looking for somewhere to visit for a day out or perhaps you are searching on the internet for fun activities, then the Forest has something for you.
- Go Ape – If you long to swing through the tree tops like Peter Pan and the lost boys then Go Ape is the place for you. If you would much rather have your feet at ground level, you can enjoy a Segway experience through the all-terrain forest area. Along the rooftop course you will climb along rope bridges, leap off a Tarzan swing and launch yourself down zip wires. There is everything the adrenalin seeking sport lover could want.
- Speech House – has everything to offer a soon to be bride and groom or anyone looking for a place to relax and enjoy something to eat. It is a beautiful 17th Century former hunting lodge is set in beautiful country surroundings. Somewhere that has grounds like this needs constant upkeep and supervision. With so many things to keep control of inside the property why not get a professional to do the outside for you like a Gloucestershire Grounds Maintenance company and this can be found at http://gloucestershiregroundsmaintenance.co.uk/.
- Dean Heritage Centre – For those of you interested in the history of the area the Dean Heritage Centre charts the history of the Forest starting at the Ice Age and moving on to present day. There is a replica Forester’s cottage, a charcoal camp and a Gruffalo forest trail for those young at heart.
- Perrygrove Railway – This must visit attraction encompasses everything a child loves, train rides, a treasure hunt, a wooden castle and lots of play equipment to keep them entertained for hours on end.
- Clearwell Caves – If you are in the mood for discovering the secrets that the caves have to hold under the ancient mines then pop along to Clearwell where you can learn all about the iron mines and their history and prominence in the Forest of Dean area.
- Puzzlewood – This enchanting location in the ancient woodland has been the backdrop for many films and TV series including Star Wars, The Hobbit, Merlin and Doctor Who. You can even download a free app before you arrive where you can find information on the site and take part in two interactive games.
So next time you are looking for a place to visit, whether this is for a family day out, a corporate event day or meal or even a luxurious wedding then take a look at what the Forest of Dean has on offer.