Camping is great fun for all of the family, and there are some camping activities that can make it even more enjoyable for everyone. I will share a few of these classic activities with you that will guarantee you a camping trip you’ll never forget.
- If there is a river or water reservoir nearby, you could try some classic camping activities such as skipping stones, fishing, canoeing or swimming.
- If you’re not a fan of water activities, or you have small children, you could try nature gathering such as collecting pine cones and rocks. If you are older and looking for a more peaceful activity that connects you with nature, you could try birdwatching.
- Roasting marshmallows. This is probably the most common image people have in their heads when they think of camping as a family. It’s fun to do in the dark, and everyone gets a tasty treat!
- Story telling is another classic activity that is great to do when there is a group of people. You can all sit on logs in a circle and tell ghost stories in the dark or less scary ones if you prefer!
- If you are lucky enough to have dry weather and a clear sky at night, you can stargaze. The stars are very visible and bright in the countryside without tall buildings and cloud from pollution to cover them, so take advantage!
Hopefully you get a chance to try out some, if not all, of these activities. If you are looking to buy equipment for camping, and need to find a camping shop Dublin, I recommend shopping at Basecamp.