When you are looking at wedding venues and you have narrowed it down to a possible option, there are a few important things that you should ask the wedding venue before you book. It is always a good idea to ask these questions before you make a commitment to the venue, in case any issues arise. Before you sign on the dotted line and agree to have your wedding there, sit down with the manager of the wedding venue and ask them these crucial inquiries.
Questions About Payment
Before you book the venue, make sure that you have discussed the costs clearly and that you are on the same page when it comes to the price of your wedding day.
- Are there any hidden costs in the fee such as cleaning fees, service charges, gratuities or charges for overtime?
- Is there a deposit required for booking the venue?
- When will the full payment for the venue be due?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Is there a payment schedule?
- Are the fees cheaper if we book the wedding during a non-peak time such as a weekday or in the off season?
Questions About Wedding Day Logistics
When the big day happens, how will it all work? Here are some important questions to ask about the logistics of planning the day when you are meeting with hotels in Chester.
- Does the venue have its own sound equipment, or will that need to be rented?
- Does the venue only allow their approved vendors to be used, or can I choose my own vendors?
- How many guests will the venue be able to hold?
- Will there be ample parking for all of my guests? Will guests have to pay for parking?
- What time will guests need to leave the wedding venue? This is an important question because sometimes the venue will charge guests for overstaying.
- Who will be responsible for setting up and taking down the wedding décor?
- Will the site be handicap accessible?
- Is the venue accessible via public transport?
- Is there a coat check available?
- Is there somewhere secure to store the wedding gifts?
- What is the back-up plan if something goes wrong?
Questions about Catering
Another important aspect of the wedding to discuss beforehand is the catering. Getting the food right is an important part of your special day, so make sure you have it all figured out before you go ahead with the booking.
- Does the venue have its own in-house caterer?
- Can we arrange a tasting with the in-house caterer?
- If we choose not to use that caterer, can we use a different outside caterer?
- Does the venue have a liquor license?
- Will there be a hosted bar, a cash bar or perhaps a type of combination?
- What are the prices and options for alcohol at the wedding?
- Will we be allowed to bring our own alcohol? Will we be charged a corkage fee?
- Will you be able to accommodate for our guests who have dietary restrictions?
- Will the table linens, silverware, plates and glassware be provided or will we have to rent them ourselves?
Questions About Accommodations
If you are having your wedding in a hotel, you and your guests might be staying in the hotel as well. Make sure that you ask about the accommodations so that you know what to expect.
- Will there be enough rooms available for all of the guests who want to stay at the hotel?
- Is it possible to receive a discounted rate for booking multiple rooms?
- Will there be a couple of suites available on the morning of the wedding for getting ready?
- Can the guests and the newlywed couple have a late checkout the following day so that they don’t have to rush?
- Will you be able to accommodate the special needs of guests? For example, an extra cot for children, a handicap accessible room, two rooms adjoining for a large family, etc.
These are just a few of the most important questions that you should ask whenever you are booking with one of the many beautiful wedding venues in Cheshire. When you take the time to make sure that you and the venue are on the same page then the wedding will go more smoothly and you’ll have a much better experience.
Rashed Ahmed regularly contributes to online news magazines and living ideas to various blogs around the web. When he’s not busy working with the work, you will find him undertaking many of her own lifestyle-related topics and living ideas! He has a lot of dreams. He works hard to fulfill his dreams. He loves to share his ideas, tricks, tips, and information by blogging. He also works at craziest business ideas, a business marketing company that committed to helping businesses with online marketing.